Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Please note: you are not obligated by law to provide us with any information. You hereby acknowledge, warrant and agree that any information you do provide us is provided of your own free will and consent, for the purposes and uses described herein.
What Information is collected?
The information that we learn from users helps us personalize and continue to improve our services and your experience with us.
Information You Provide To Us: We may receive and store information you enter on our website or provide to us in anyway. This may include:
- your name
- mailing address
- phone number
- birthdate (optional)
- country in which you live
- any other information you provide when placing an order with us while registering for a customer account with us, entering a contest or sweepstakes, providing feedback to us, filling out a survey, sending messages via our online chat or requesting information or assistance from us.
There is also information that may be automatically collected including (but not exclusive to) your information that your browser or mobile application automatically sends, "cookies," IP address, profile information, preferences, operating system, browser or mobile application type and settings, computer specifications, and activity on our websites.
If you buy something on our websites or make any payment, we may collect payment information, contact information (address and phone number), delivery details and details of what you bought and any other information required to enable you to access and use the payment services. This information will be used, among other things, by our third party payment processer to:
- Process and fulfill your order via Third Party Services (as defined below) such as PayPal, Future Pay, Affirm, shipping companies or others.
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Enforce the payment terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your selected preferences.
The Third Party Services processes this information given its legitimate interest in improving the payment services and its users’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.
We may also receive information about you and your activity outside our websites in connection with us from our affiliates, advertisers, partners, vendors and other third parties we work with, or other publicly available sources.
What is your Information used for?
We may collect any of the information we receive from you, subject to applicable law. Further, any of the information that may be collected, may be used to:
- Personalize your experience with the Company.
- Improve the your experience on our Websites.
- Improve customer service and provide technical assistance.
- Practical considerations such as, but not limited to, sending order and shipping confirmations, processing your transactions (if applicable).
- Administer contests, promotions, surveys or other site features.
- Email Communication (information and updates including Company news, updates, related product or service information.) If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from us, please unsubscribe, change your profile settings within your customer account or contact us to remove your information. Please note we will continue to send any transactional emails regarding purchase transactions, order tracking, etc.
- Sales related communications (personal emails and phone calls, event invitations etc.).
We may contact you with important information regarding our services, or your use thereof, such as notices (through any of the means available to us) if a certain service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, reply to your e-mail, notify you of changes in our services. You may not be able to opt-out of receiving some of such shipping and order related messages.
Our Website Security Measures
You can access your Personal Information on our website through a username and password that you create. This password is encrypted and we recommend that you do not share it with anyone. We also encourage you to set a strong password for your account.
All of the websites operated by Roberts Distributors, LP offer HTTPS secure access to most areas on our websites, i.e. the transmission of sensitive payment information (such as a credit card number) through our designated purchase forms is protected by an SSL encrypted connection. Please understand that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are completely fool-proof. We also regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and regularly seek new ways for enhancing the security of our services and protection of our users’ privacy. Furthermore, because certain areas on our Websites might be less secure than others, and since e-mail and instant messaging are not recognized as secure forms of communications, we request and encourage you not to share any personal information on any of these areas or via any of these methods.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Websites. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Information we collect
Information you provide to us
We collect the personal information you provide to us when you shop online or visit our website. The categories of information we may collect include:
- Personal Identifiers, including name, email address, telephone number, postal address, and tax ID number
- Online Identifiers, including IP address, device identifier, customer number, unique pseudonym, user alias, online identifier, account login, other persistent identifiers, and unique personal identifier
- Internet Activity, including interactions with websites, apps or ads, email open and click-through rates, browsing history, and search history
- Commercial and Financial Information, including credit card or debit card number and purchases
- Geolocation Information, including geolocation data
Information collected automatically
We automatically collect internet or other electronic information about you when you visit our website, such as IP address, browsing history and interactions with our website. This data may be collected using browser cookies and other unique personal identifiers.
Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. When we detect a Do Not Track signal, we place a U.S. Privacy String setting in your browser so that any third party who respects that signal will not track your activity on our website. We also respect the Global Privacy Control (GPC) signal, a user-enabled global privacy control that opts you out of the sale of personal information. GPC is supported by certain internet browsers or as a browser extension.
How we share and disclose information
Information Disclosed for Business or Commercial Purposes in the Last 12 Months, and Categories of Parties Disclosed To
We may disclose the following personal information about you when you shop online or visit our website:
|Personal Information Disclosed||Recipient (by Category)|
|Personal Identifiers||Cybersecurity Providers, Service Providers, Payment Processors, Commerce Software Tools, Collaboration & Productivity Tools, Ad Networks, and Sales & Marketing Tools|
|Commercial and Financial Information||Cybersecurity Providers, Service Providers, Payment Processors, and Ad Networks|
|Online Identifiers||Cybersecurity Providers, Service Providers, Payment Processors, Ad Networks, and Data Analytics Providers|
|Geolocation Information||Cybersecurity Providers, Service Providers, Ad Networks, Sales & Marketing Tools, Payment Processors, and Data Analytics Providers|
|Internet Activity||Service Providers, Sales & Marketing Tools, Ad Networks, and Data Analytics Providers|
California Privacy Notice (CCPA)
This section provides additional information for California residents under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The terms used in this section have the same meaning as in the CCPA. This section does not apply to information that is not considered "personal information," such as anonymous, deidentified, or aggregated information, nor does it apply to publicly available information as defined in the CCPA.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
The personal information we collect is described above in Information we collect. The personal information we disclose for business or commercial purposes is described above in How we share and disclose information. The length of time for which we retain personal information is described above in How long we keep your data.
Business and Commercial Purposes for Collection
We collect personal information for the following business purposes:
- Advertising and Marketing
- Error Management
- Provide Products or Services
- Quality Assurance
We also "share" and "sell" (as defined in the CCPA) personal information for commercial purposes, including to advertise and market our products.
Information “Sharing” and “Selling”
We “share” certain personal information with third party ad networks for purposes of behavioral advertising, including: Commercial and Financial Information, Geolocation Information, Internet Activity, Online Identifiers, and Personal Identifiers. This allows us to show you ads that are more relevant to you.
We use third party data analytics providers and this may be considered a “sale” of information under the CCPA.
You may opt-out of these data practices here.
Your CCPA rights are described below. You can make a Request to Know or a Request to Delete under the CCPA by submitting a Privacy Request at the top of this page, or by clicking here.
Right to Know
You have the right to request to know the following about the personal information we have collected about you in the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- the categories of sources from which we collect personal information about you
- the business and commercial purposes for which we collect personal information
- the categories of third parties with whom we share the information
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose
If you make a Request to Know more than twice in a 12-month period, we may require you to pay a small fee for this service.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you that you have provided to us. We will permanently delete from our records any personal information that is not necessary for our business operations and direct our service providers to do the same.
We consider information to be necessary for our business operations if it is used to:
- Complete an obligation to you that you have requested
- Detect and resolve issues related to security or functionality
- Comply with legal obligations
- Enable solely internal uses
Right to Non-Discrimination
If you exercise your CCPA consumer rights:
- We will not deny goods or services to you
- We will not charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or penalties
- We will not provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you
Right to Opt-Out
You have the right to opt-out of any selling and sharing of your personal information.
You may exercise your right to opt-out here.
Before we can respond to a Request to Know or Request to Delete, we will need to verify that you are the consumer who is the subject of the CCPA request. Verification is important for preventing fraudulent requests and identity theft. Requests to Opt-Out do not require verification.
Typically, identity verification will require you to confirm certain information about yourself based on information we have already collected. For example, we will ask you to verify that you have access to the email address we have on file for you. If we cannot verify your identity based on our records, we cannot fulfill your CCPA request.
For a request that seeks specific personal information, we ask that you sign a declaration stating that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request, as required by the CCPA.
In some cases, we may have no reasonable method by which we can verify a consumer's identity. For example:
- If a consumer submits a request but we have not collected any personal information about that consumer, we cannot verify the request.
- If the only data we have collected about a consumer is gathered through website cookies (i.e. the consumer visited our website but had no other interaction with us), we are unable to reasonably associate a requester with any data collected; therefore, we cannot verify the request.
A California resident's authorized agent may submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete under the CCPA by emailing us at email@example.com. Requests submitted by an authorized agent will still require verification of the person who is the subject of the request in accordance with the process described above. We will also ask for proof that the person who is the subject of the request authorized an agent to submit a privacy request on their behalf. An authorized agent that has power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code section 4121 to 4130 must submit proof of statutory power of attorney, but consumer verification is not required.
If you have trouble accessing this notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any privacy-related questions, please send them to email@example.com.